Pages

March 29, 2008

Back to the Past

I booked a cruise to the Bahamas recently, and I can't begin to tell you what a hassle it was to go through the process. I need a vacation from booking my vacation!

I would love to go to someone and say, "this is where I want to go, this is what I'm willing to pay, take care of the rest." Oh wait, it's called a travel agency! And they're all going out of business because we have the convenience of doing everything ourselves through orbitz or priceline or travelocity.

But price shopping is anything but convenient. The initial thrill of beating the big hotels wears off pretty quickly. And then you have to keep a log of all the confirmation #'s, hotel phone #'s, travel regulations and...well, that's another blog post on travel organization.

Looks like there may be a reemerging niche for travel planning. Or maybe just hiring a travel websites expert. Either way, extend your hours AAA!